18. Secrets Of Web Marketing & Buyers Remorse
Buyer’s Remorse – the doubts and worries customers have after making the purchase.
People change their mind, or at least worry whether they’ve made a mistake, and this increases the higher the price or the greater the importance of the purchase.
And there’s no point in spending all this time and expertise in increasing the number of people who convert into customers if we sit around letting them change their mind and convert back. This happens all the time in a retail clothing environment and with online sales in particular, but is increasingly relevant in most situations now.
So we send a Buyer’s Remorse letter – and that does what?
It simply reinforces the customer’s good decision to buy, allays any fears and helps to cement the sale by starting on a positive footing.
So what should it include?
- Thank the customer for their purchase
- Reinforce the Unique Perceived Benefit and other appropriate key benefits
- Tell them what happens next
- Oﬀer them something else as a Thank You (it’s a great opportunity for both of you)
- When did you last suﬀer from Buyer’s remorse yourself
- How did you feel
- Why did you feel this way
- What do you think your customers feel
- What are you going to do about it and when
This module starts with four relatively open questions which You Must Answer!
You then hit Save.
You will be emailed the rest of the module, which is in a Word compatible format .rtf and a link to a Google Doc, which will allow you to edit online.
This document contains the rest of the module, to include everything we know about the subject, links, examples, and of course further key questions for you to answer as well.
Being your document on your PC or in the cloud, you can save at any stage and go back to at any time too. In fact, this is probably the best way to tackle this work.
So let’s start this module by answering these key questions:
This document contains the rest of the module, including everything we know about the subject, links, examples, and of course further key questions for you to answer as well.